Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Big, big mess

So moving is a messy, ugly business. As I mentioned in a previous post we moved a 26ft (the largest we could get) moving truck with MOST of our worldly possessions to Georgia a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, we couldn't fit it all, and now I'm left dealing with the odds and ends (AKA crap that I have no idea what to do with).

The only method of attack I could come up with was to pull it all out of the closets, the attic, and cabinets and put it in one place (my otherwise empty living/dining room area) for sorting and packing. This resulted in a mess A LOT larger that I had anticipated (who knew that much 'stuff' could hide in closets, cabinets and an attic?!?).

When I brought Clara home from preschool she walked into the living room, put her hands on her hips and said "Big, big mess" with more disdain that I would have thought a 2 year old could muster. I swear she made me feel ashamed for creating such chaos. But if you look at these pictures I think you will see that her assessment is dead-on.



No comments: