Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Icky-Sicky

Well, Clara has been fighting a cold since August 27... 4 days after she started pre-school. Talk about your predictable incubation period. Anyway, it has just been a cold. Runny nose for a few days, then cough for a few weeks... now the nasal symptoms are back. It has been so hard knowing when to send her to school since the symptoms seem to wax and wane. I kept her out 2 days 2 weeks ago when they called to say that her runny nose was pretty bad. Yesterday they sent a note home that again said the nose is too runny for school.

I don't want to be the evil mom who sends her kid to school to contaminate the rest of them, but I also don't want to keep her away any longer than necessary. We are paying a pretty penny for this toddler education and she does seem to love going to school now.

The good news is she seems to feel great. She is still running around, eating normally, sleeping well, and there has been no temperature. I took her to the doctor's last week when the school was pressuring me a bit becuase her cough had not improved. The doctor said she has a...cold. Surprise, surprise, and also said that he would prefer not to prescribe her an antibotic because he didn't think it would help for what appears to be a virus.

So for now she is home with me, which I enjoy, but I do wish I wasn't paying for childcare that she isn't using. I'm planning to keep her home the rest of the week. Maybe we can focus some more on the potty training. Hopefully she'll be well enough to return to school next week.

1 comment:

A and M's Mom said...

Sounds like a pretty normal reaction to starting school, especially for a first child. Aidan did the same thing. Bummer about the lost money though.