Thursday, June 11, 2009

Clara Cleans Up

Today I let Clara play in the kitchen with a big empty plastic juice bottle. I had rinsed it with water and she was enjoying trying to screw the lid on and off, pretending to drink from it (even though it is bigger than her head), shaking it upside down on the floor, etc.

I was unloading groceries when she got up from her spot on the kitchen floor and walked over to our kitchen drawers and started to open them. I figured she was bored with her plastic bottle and looking for something new to play with.

Instead I was shocked when she got a dishtowel out of the drawer and walked back to her play spot, bent over, and began to wipe the floor off. Apparently I hadn't completely drained the water out of the bottle when I rinsed it. She had gotten the water on the floor when she played so she cleaning up.

I didn't even realize that she knew where we keep the towels much less that they are the appropriate tool to use to dry up water. Everyday she shows me that I underestimate her... I keep thinking that she is my baby but I guess she is turning into a sharp little girl.

No comments: